Warehouse Transformational Solution design for Jindal Worldwide. This would be a ‘Transformational Change’ across all existing Warehouses as well as the Upcoming Warehouses of Jindal Textiles. The Supply chain in discussion is from the Yarn storage, Processing, Roll Storage and Transportation to Customers.
Warehouse Transformation Solution Design:
1. Location Management System | The products would be tracked at a Location Level and we move away from the current practice of Zone level tracking.
2. Inventory Management System | Process Implementation and Training of Inventory Management in-terms of Traceability, Retrievability, Accuracy and Preservation.
3. Re-arrangement Algorithms Implementation | In-House system for Jindal to tag high performers & Ensuring Fast Movers at Golden Zones ensuring Improvement in Productivity.
4. Warehouse Management | Process Standardization across Jindal Warehouse through Warehouse process documentation, Standardization, Deployment at POU and Training.
5. Management Information System | Set up all leading and lagging process Indicators in Warehouse to ensure the business objectives and customer service levels are met.
6. 5S Implementation | Through 5S Implementation the Warehouse would be taken to Global Standards improving all Major metrics of Warehouse.
1. Space Planning | The Product forecast and the SKU parameters have to be modelled to estimate the space forecast for the Warehouse.
2. Rack Design | Set up all leading and lagging process Indicators in Warehouse to ensure the business objectives and customer service levels are met.
3. Material Handling | Through 5S Implementation the Warehouse would be taken to Global Standards improving all Major metrics of Warehouse.
4. Material Flow | Traffic Study and efficient material flow route will be implemented.
5. Barcode Implementation | Through out the Warehouse Through put Barcode will be implemented. Location management system will also be implemented.
6. WMS Implementation
7. FIFO Implementation for Yarn Warehouse